Davao Homeschooling Family: DIY Advent Calendar

Saturday, December 13, 2014

DIY Advent Calendar

The last I checked the calendar, it was December 1. And now we're down to the last 12 days to Christmas! That meant we were halfway the Advent season! Which reminded me that I haven't shared our DIY Advent Calendar here yet. This is actually our first year of doing the calendar and introducing the concept of Advent to the kids. Which, of course, leads us to the discussion on the real meaning of Christmas :)


That's our calendar above, which I posted in my Instagram last Nov30, the first day of Advent 2014. Here's what I said then: Our #AdventCalendar! :) The kids and I painted the paper rolls a few days ago and I finally assembled it today as it's the first day of #Advent. To assemble, I used leftover ribbons (to tie rolls together), washi tapes (to decorate white rolls), and Sharpie pens (to write numbers). Easy peasy! <3 As for the daily gifts, since the preschooler can read already, I'll tuck in clue notes inside the rolls on where to find the gifts. Exciting!

Yes, we used recycled toilet paper rolls. And yes, I hoard the rolls. Haha! We used poster color to paint the rolls and let it dry fully for days before I assembled it :) How about you and your family? Do you celebrate Advent? If yes, do you make your own calendar or do you just buy one in stores? Share your experience with us in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CurrClick